Melkite Greek Catholic Church
International Dialogue Center - Liqaa
10 5 2011
The new building of “Liqaa” centre is twenty kilometers north of Beirut, close to Antelias city in Metn district. It covers around eight thousand square metres. Its architecture reflects the centre’s mission to a new generation and the concept of bridge-building across a divided world.
The centre is a part of “Patriarch Gregorios III complex” that contain the Patriarchal school and a church. The complex is located on a green hill covering thirty five thousand square meter of land with a spectacular view on the Mediterranean.
This centre grows out of a long tradition in the Melkite Greek Catholic Church of being a “Church without borders”. Its aim is to build bridges through cultural and religious dialogue across a divided world.
From a Christian perspective, we aim to be involved with:
• Working for Christian unity through ecumenical dialogue
• Deepening our understanding of Christianity through opening ourselves to others
• Studying Arab-Christian influence in education and society
From a socio-religious perspective, we aim to be involved with:
• Supporting the development of an educated, tolerant, open society through inter-faith dialogue
• Deepening our sense of belonging to Arab culture and society
• Educating people of different generations.
The center contains the following sectors:
• Centre for research and documentation
• Melkite library
• Museum of Melkite church
• Reception hall
• Meeting rooms
f222d8699aea8011c315389f92700d71.jpg 02029a78222ab9929c9599e64f422f6e.jpg 24c7c9699852479bd73c450cd3211ad1.jpg da0d06214b03ed20411199b3355b9abb.jpg d28d6c2a84561bd7e8aa9ea57661c864.jpg a789020046ae944d156b7bb8d3681dec.jpg fc531e9737c1fddc0e5e4f3d2c982aac.jpg 6cc372e8188b2e66e6d2c023f73d0702.jpg d6522285496875d287d42639c6c12bcd.jpg c342c7c07342ca89c0a2d08e34ef72f5.jpg 2c1c25d9428bd008dacb461f30706d33.jpg a3de40819c229fb5540dbf1c237591de.jpg 39c4027ba4eb8e53134582bb604941e5.jpg
Sorry, there are no images